The congregation of the sisters of the Imitation of Christ (Known as Bethany Sisters) was founded by Servant of God Mar Ivanios in 1920 in the Jacobite Church.

BETHANY SISTERS

SERVENT OF GOD ARCHBISHOP MAR IVANIOS


ABOUT BETHANY SISTERS

The congregation of the sisters of the Imitation of Christ (Known as Bethany Sisters) was founded by Servant of God Mar Ivanios in 1920 in the Jacobite Church. In 1930 all the ten members of the congregation, together with the founder, re-united with the Catholic Church. Bethany is a congregation of Contemplatives in action. The congregation received Pantifical status in 1956. Now there are five Provinces (Trivandrum, Thiruvalla, Bathery, Pathanamthitta and Muvattupuzha) under one Mother General.